RR 4, Powassan, Ontario, POH 1Z0, Canada
E-mail us at : Wimberway
| Border Terriers
| Border Collies
| Golden Retrievers
- Our boarding facilities have covered, individual runs, and in-out pens, and were renovated in February 2014. The boarding area is heated in winter, and comfortably cool and well ventilated in summer. We have bigger pens/runs for large dogs or when two dogs come together and are kennelled together. For every owners safety, we only accept vaccinated pets. All pets must have collars on, with ID or licenses on them. All dogs must be leashed when coming and leaving the kennels.
- Each dog has their own in-out pen, and owners are welcome to bring the dog's bed and toys. Beds are provided if not supplied, and all dogs have a raised area so they don't have to lie on the concrete. In winter, a thick bed of hay is put on the concrete, under the dog's beds, to ensure their comfort.
- We recommend that owners bring their own food with their pet to avoid a change in diet and a possible upset stomach. If the pet is on medicated food or on medication, we ask that that be brought in with them, along with clear instructions for amounts and dosages. For the dog that comes without their own food, we use the same adult or puppy food as we feed our own dogs. Do not bring dog dishes... we use stainless steel bowls, and have water buckets in each pen.
- Difficult and aggressive dogs can be boarded with advance notice, and we also have several outside runs for dogs used to living outside. We can quarantine dogs if required, and can arrange shipping within Canada, or on direct Air Canada connections to US points, if you are moving or being transferred.
- We live at the kennels and the dogs and farm are our only business. We have been working with dogs since 1953, in breeding, boarding, and training kennels, and at a Veterinary clinic, and have unequalled experience and expertise for dog management, training, and care in the Near North. We run training classes from April through to October (Training information) . Sandy is a CKC obedience, Rally-O, CGN, Tracking Test, and Retriever field test judge, as well as the author of several dog and dog training books. She was an oiginal member of the Professional Dog Trainers Association of Canada. Both Ivan and Sandy have been breeding, training, showing, and trialling dogs for many years.
- Long term boarding dogs are walked when possible, and in the summer, can be taken for swims on a long line, with the owner's permission. Dogs also have "play time" in a grassy fenced paddock adjacent to their outside dog runs.
- Training classes for obedience, and field work is available starting in late March each year, with a second obedience course sometimes starting in August. We prefer to have owners work with and train their own dogs so that owner and dog can learn together.
- Dogs can be boarded by the day, week, or month, and long term boarding is not a problem. Long term boarders get extra attention and handling to ensure they have fun and do not get lonely.
- Our Veterinarians are on 24 hour call, but dogs can be taken to their own Vet, if available, and within reasonable distance, on request. Any and all costs from trips to the Vet. are the responsibility of the owner.
- Reservations are required for boarding. Over peak periods we usually fill up early, so try to book several weeks in advance.
- The ONLY day we do not receive or check out dogs is Christmas Day. We accept Christmas guests up to about 3pm on Dec 24, and are then 'closed' til noon on Dec 26.
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 8.30 - 10am, 5 - 6.30pm. Sundays: 9 - 10am, and 5 - 6pm, or by PREARRANGED APPOINTMENT.
- Our boarding fees are based on a 24 HOUR PERIOD, whether just in the daytime, or overnight.
- We operate the boarding facilities in the same building where our own dogs are housed. There is usually someone on the property 24 hours a day, and we are in and around the kennel area much of the day.
- Our phone is covered by an answering machine 24/7, so if we are outside and unable to answer, and you leave a message, we will return your call ASAP. Unless otherwise specified, we do not return calls after 10pm or before 8am.
2023 board rates.
- We ask that owners bring their own food, clearly marked with the dog's name and approx quantity to be fed.
- Every dog needs a flat collar with ID tags on.
- A few outside pens, with shelter, are available for dogs used to living outside.
- Fees for aggressive, destructive, noisey, or problem dogs may be slightly higher, with no long term reductions.
- Fees slightly higher in winter when the heat is on :...approx. early October to late April, depending on the temperatures..
- Minimum charge, 24 hours or less, per dog, $25.00.
- Daily, one dog, $25 per day.
- Daily, 2 small dogs, same pen, $30;
......... 2 medium dogs, or medium and a small, same pen, $35,
......... 2 large dogs, or 3 medium dogs, in same pen, when larger pen available, $45.
- Weekly (minimum 2 week stay), one dog, $150.00,
........ two small dogs (together) $160;
........ 2 medium sized dogs together, $175;
........ 2 large dogs together, $225..
- Monthly, $350-450. Payable in advance or monthly.
- Quarantine rates, in a pen with no contact with other dogs, $50 a day, plus Vet. fees, etc., if the dog is to be euthanized at end of quarantine.
| Recent winners